Friday, December 28, 2012

What Have You Done?

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10

While the self-righteous makes the fatal mistake of thinking that good deeds lead to salvation, the saved can make the sad mistake of forgetting that salvation is supposed to lead to good deeds (Ephesians 2:8-10). Have you any reason to believe that ever since you were converted you have ever been the means of the salvation of a soul? Are there not many Christians now present who cannot recollect that they have been the means of the salvation of one soul during this year?
I hear the reply, "I have done nothing to save myself; for that was done for me in the eternal covenant, from before the foundation of the world. I have done nothing to make a righteousness for myself, for Christ said, "It is finished." But what have you done for him who died to save your wretched soul? What have you done for the salvation of the world? For those that are true Christians, I will leave you with your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment