Monday, November 10, 2014

The Beloved King

"Jesus said to them, 'Why are you bothering this woman? she has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for my burial. I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told in memory of her'" (Matthew 26:10-13).

      When a woman called Marth brought a  bottle of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard, and poured it on Jesus's head and feet, some of the disciples, that included Judas Iscariot who was latter tobetray him, cmplained. Martha had taken this opportunity to demonstrate her love for Jesus. She must have observed Jesus' actions; what he did, how much he loved and cared for the people and  what he said, and concluded that Jesus was truely was he said he was; the son of God. She must felt that there was nothing for her worth witholding from him.
          The love that Martha felt for Jesus may be like the love Attai felt for David. Attai was a foreigner who had arrived in Israel just a day before Absolom forced David to leave his Kingdom. He wanted to make  Israel his home leadership, but he did not want to live there under Absolom's reign, and so followed David to exile.
           The conversation between David and Ittai is very beautiful. The King being aware that he did not belong  to the people of Israel said to him, "Why should you come along with us? Go back and stay with King  Absalom. You are a foreigner, an exile from your homeland. You came only yesterday. And today shall I make you wander about with us, when I do not know where I am going? Go back, and take your countrymen. May kindness and faithfulness be with you."
           But Ittai replied to the King, "As surely as the Lord lives, and as my lord the King lives, wherever my lord the King may be, whether it means life or death, there will be your servant be."  David said to Ittai, "Go ahead, march on." So Ittai the Gittite marched on with all his men and the families that were with him.
           This story reminds me of the love my Causin.s wife, whom we now foldly call mum, showed to me when I needed it most after leaving my Uncle's family. I believe. she had read the my uncle had given to my brother to take to causin. My uncle had said that he had completed his responsibilities of taking care of me, and that he was now handing it over to my causin as they had agreed. What bothered me most at that time was that I did not know what was going on, and that I was being moved from one family to another, with no idea what was coming next..
             After a long day travel by bus from the Rift Valley, we arrived in Nairobi in the late afternoon and headed straight to Mum work place to wait for her to finish work, and take us home in her car. I was not sure how Mun would receive me after having a bad exprience with my uncle's family. But she made me relax as we were driving home. During the ride, we passed different residential places along Thika road, which had different names. and Mum started by explaining to me their names as she showed me famous campanies and schools along the same route..After that she started talking with my brother about several possible High school in Nairobi that I could attend. My spirit was quite revived by this conversation.
        We finaly arrived at my Causin's beautiful home in Kiambu.There were quite a number of people who lived there, and they all made me feel comfortable after my arrival..We all ate dinner together while socializing, mainly by telling jokes to each other. After Dinner Mum soon left to her room.
          I thought that Mum had gone to her room to relax after along day's at work, but this wa not the case. I was told that she needed me,and I went to he room to find out what she wanted. I was surprised to find that she taken my old wooden box that my uncle had given me the day before,so that I could put all my belongings which included a few badly tornout clothes. I was emberrassed to see mum trying her best to carefuly fold those clothes into the box for me. I would have preferred her not to see the clothes, but was glad to know that she cared about what I wore. She also had other good clothes which she  wanted me try to see how well they would fit me.I had never felt before such a genuine love from another person when I needed it most!
       Atti's Love towards David is a picture of every heart which has been taught by the Holy Spirit to "Say that Jesus is Lord." If they have enlisted "but yesterday," they will prefer to take their place with their King in exile, rather than join the ranks of the Usurper.
- See more at: http://onfireagapeministries.org/blogpost.php?id=30#sthash.KvKIzRVx.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment